Can arrays reference primary keys in CREATE TABLE?

От Filipe Bonjour
Тема Can arrays reference primary keys in CREATE TABLE?
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

I'm a rather new SQL user, and I found interesting that you can
use "references" to make sure that a value inserted in a table is a
primary key from another table. Something like:

create table ta ( a_id     integer primary key );
create table tb ( a_ref     integer references ta(a_id) );

However, I'd like to define a table containing an array, and that
all elements of the array be a primary key from another table, so I
tried:

create table tb ( a_ref     integer[] references ta(a_id) );

But that doesn't work, I think because an array of integers can't
be directly compared to an integer.

Is there a way to do this? (I'm using Red Hat 9 with PostgreSQL 7.3.2,
by the way.)

Thanks in advance for any answer or for pointing our where I can find
it.

Fil

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления: