Re: numeric usernames in 7.3.1?

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: numeric usernames in 7.3.1?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Wed, 29 Jan 2003 10:23:14 -0500, SZÛCS Gábor wrote:

> We use fully numeric usernames in 7.2.1 (e.g. '1001').
>
> When generating 7.3.1 from 7.2.1's dump, everything seemed to be OK, but
> we can't login with such usernames.
>
> Is it a new behaviour in 7.3.x? Is there a configurable option or an
> easy way to modify the source to retain the old behaviour? Or is the
> only way to rename all the users?

There seems to be a bug in 7.3.x that prevents all numeric usernames from
being able to log in. For now I think you'll have to rename the users to
use 7.3.x :-(  but you might want to follow the thread because the
problem is being discussed right now on -hackers:

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-hackers/2003-01/msg01082.php

Robert Treat