Re: v7.3.1 psql against a v7.2.x database ...

От Robert Treat
Тема Re: v7.3.1 psql against a v7.2.x database ...
Дата
Re: v7.3.1 psql against a v7.2.x database ...  (greg@turnstep.com)
Список pgsql-hackers
On Sat, 11 Jan 2003 03:34:22 -0500, Marc G. Fournier wrote:

> On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Lamar Owen wrote:
>
>> On Friday 10 January 2003 23:50, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
>> > That was the aspect I feared ... almost an argument in itself for why
>> > psql should be in gborg as a seperate project ;)
>>
>> You've got to be kidding.  The main command-line interface NEEDS to be
>> part of the main package.
>
> Needs to be *packaged* with the main package for a release, but there is
> no reason why it can't have its own release cycle between relesaes ...

Well, it is open source, so there's no reason why someone couldn't make
these changes for 7.4 and also release a binary version in the mean time.
I have a copy of a 7.2 psql binary for linux that that has some of the
7.3 psql improvments in it, sometimes it comes in very handy. I'd be
interested in helping out with this, though Christopher would probably
start throwing things at me if I volunteered :-)

Robert Treat