Re: [SQL] md5 checksum of a previous row

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: [SQL] md5 checksum of a previous row
Дата
Re: [SQL] md5 checksum of a previous row  (Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
> But how do I use lag function or something like lag to read the previous record as whole.

You can reference the whole row by using the table name:

select created_at,       value,      value - lag(value, 1, 0.0) over(order by created_at) as delta,
md5(lag(test::text)over(order by created_at)) as the_row

FROM test
ORDER BY created_at;

The table reference "test" returns the whole row, e.g. something like:
  (bbf35815-479b-4b1b-83c5-5e248aa0a17f,52.00,,"2017-11-13 08:45:16.17231",B)

that can be cast to text and then you can apply the md5() function on the result.
It does include the parentheses and the commas, but as it does that for every
row in a consistent manner, it shouldn't matter.

> 2. insert the computed checksum in the current row

That can also be done using the above technique, something like:
  new.hash := md5(new::text);

Thomas