Re: [GENERAL] idle in transaction, why

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] idle in transaction, why
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] idle in transaction, why  (Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-general
Rob Sargent schrieb am 06.11.2017 um 23:09:
> Gosh I wish I could learn to proof-read my posts.
> My support crew graciously set
>
> idle_transaction_timeout = 1
>
> Now to ponder if I need zero or some large number.

The unit of that setting is milliseconds (if no unit is specified).
zero disables that feature.

One millisecond seems like an awfully short period to allow a transaction to be idle.

I would figure values in "minutes" to be more realistic depending on the workload and characteristics of the
application.

A transaction that has several seconds of "think time" between individual statements doesn't seem that unrealistic.

Thomas