Re: How to read query plan

От PFC
Тема Re: How to read query plan
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
    Instead of a varchar(1) containing 'y' or 'n' you could use a BOOL or an
integer.
    Your query seems of the form :

    SELECT FROM main_table LEFT JOIN a lot of tables ORDER BY sort_key LIMIT
N OFFSET M;

    I would suggest to rewrite it in a simpler way : instead of generating
the whole result set, sorting it, and then grabbing a slice, generate only
the ror id's, grab a slice, and then generate the full rows from that.

    - If you order by a field which is in main_table :
    SELECT FROM main_table LEFT JOIN a lot of tables WHERE main_table.id IN
(SELECT id FROM main_table ORDER BY sort_key LIMIT N OFFSET M
) ORDER BY sort_key LIMIT N OFFSET M;

    - If you order by a field in one of the child tables, I guess you only
want to display the rows in the main table which have this field, ie.
not-null in the LEFT JOIN. You can also use the principle above.

    - You can use a straight join instead of an IN.