Re: Help with extracting large volumes of records across related tables

От Pierre-Frédéric Caillaud
Тема Re: Help with extracting large volumes of records across related tables
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
    Thanks for the thanks !

    Generally, when grouping stuff together, it is a good idea to have two
sorted lists, and to scan them simultaneously. I have already used this
solution several times outside of Postgres, and it worked very well (it
was with Berkeley DB and there were 3 lists to scan in order). The fact
that Python can very easily virtualize these lists using generators makes
it possible to do it without consuming too much memory.