pltcl problem

От Russ Brown
Тема pltcl problem
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I'm trying to debug a pltcl procedure (being used as a trigger), and I'm
having trouble generating useful debug output.

I'm using elog, and I want the output to contain the value of an array.
So, I'm using a command like this:

elog DEBUG "Trigger Call $vchtablename"

Trouble is, it's appearing in the error log exactly like that (including
the 'elog DEBUG' part.

If I indent the line, the spaces at the start appear in the error log also.

I've tried removing the quotes and I get the same output (minus the quotes)

I'm probably doing something wrong that pretty obvious (been staring at
the code for too long, plus this is the first time I've ever used TCL, so
it could be a very obvious mistake!). If anyone can give me a hint as to
what my error might be, that would be great.

Thanks,

--

Russell Brown