Re: FW: KVP table vs. hstore - hstore performance (Was: Postgres NoSQL emulation)

От Pierre C
Тема Re: FW: KVP table vs. hstore - hstore performance (Was: Postgres NoSQL emulation)
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> My problem is, that in fact I don't know which tag to index since I'm
> running a web admin application where users can enter arbitrary
> queries.

For a tag cloud, try this :

- table tags ( tag_id, tag_name )
- table articles ( article_id )
- table articles_to_tags( article_id, tag_id )

now this is the classical approach, which doesn't work so well when you
want to get an article that has several tags (tag intersection).

So, materialize the list of tag_ids for each article in an INTEGER[] array
in the articles table, kept up to date with triggers.

Create a gist index on that, and use indexed array vs array operators.

Сообщение: Re: Speeding up loops in pl/pgsql function
Сообщение: Re: Speeding up loops in pl/pgsql function