Re: How do i calculate a finish time when the start time is ambiguous?

От Octavio Alvarez
Тема Re: How do i calculate a finish time when the start time is ambiguous?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On Mon, 28 Mar 2011 08:26:03 -0700, Rob Richardson
<Rob.Richardson@rad-con.com> wrote:

> I have a table that records a starting time for a process and the length
> of time that process will take, and I need to calculate the time the
> process will end.  I have the starting time both in local time and in
> UTC time, but for reasons which I consider totally idiotic, they are
> timestamp fields, not timestamptz fields.  My calculation must take into
> account the possibility that time will change from standard to daylight
> time or vice versa during the interval.
>

> But I'm having a difficult time coming up with a function that will use
> this information.

I suggest you calculate your finish time in UTC (since that number is not
ambiguous). You, then, do convert it to whatever TZ you need.

Cheers.

Сообщение: Re: can a function have a setof (returned from another function) as input
Сообщение: Re: can a function have a setof (returned from another function) as input