Why not .../bin/amd64/pg_config?

От Johann 'Myrkraverk' Oskarsson
Тема Why not .../bin/amd64/pg_config?
Дата
Список pgadmin-support
Hi all,

When I ./configure pgadmin3 1.12.2 I get the following error,

checking for pg_config...
/opt/myrkraverk/postgresql/9.0.3/bin/amd64/pg_config
./configure: line 5424:
/opt/myrkraverk/postgresql/9.0.3/bin/amd64/bin/pg_config: not found

It finds pg_config and then it doesn't because it appends /bin to the path
given.  It is a convention on Solaris to place 64 bit binaries in
.../bin/amd64 directories.

I have not tested it, but I'm certain this problem manifests itself
whenever pg_config is placed in --bindir that doesn't end with .../bin,
regardless of operating system.

[sidenote: I'm using .../bin instead of /bin to emphasize I'm not putting
it in the root.]

For the record, /opt/myrkraverk/postgresql/9.0.3/bin/amd64 is in my path
and I have no problems using Postgres or building other tools such as
PL/Java with this setup.

--   Johann Oskarsson                http://www.2ndquadrant.com/    |[]  PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Training
andServices  --+--                                                                 |  Blog:
http://my.opera.com/myrkraverk/blog/