Re: postgres performance tunning

От: Pierre C
Тема: Re: postgres performance tunning
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

postgres performance tunning  (selvi88, )
 Re: postgres performance tunning  ("Pierre C", )
  Re: postgres performance tunning  (selvi88, )
   Re: postgres performance tunning  (Fernando Hevia, )
 Re: postgres performance tunning  (Greg Smith, )
  Re: postgres performance tunning  (selvi88, )
   Re: postgres performance tunning  (Scott Marlowe, )
    Re: postgres performance tunning  (Greg Smith, )
     Re: postgres performance tunning  (Scott Marlowe, )
     Re: postgres performance tunning  (Robert Haas, )
      Re: postgres performance tunning  (Scott Marlowe, )
       Re: postgres performance tunning  (Scott Marlowe, )
 Re: postgres performance tunning  (Marti Raudsepp, )
 Re: postgres performance tunning  (Merlin Moncure, )

> Dear Friends,
>         I have a requirement for running more that 15000 queries per
> second.
> Can you please tell what all are the postgres parameters needs to be
> changed
> to achieve this.
>         Already I have 17GB RAM and dual core processor and this machine
> is dedicated for database operation.

That depends on your queries : for simple things like "SELECT * FROM table
WHERE primary_key = constant", no problem, a desktop dual core will do
it...
So, please provide more details...