Re: Need help in performance tuning.

От Pierre C
Тема Re: Need help in performance tuning.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Two problems to recognize.  First is that building something in has the
> potential to significantly limit use and therefore advancement of work
> on external pools, because of the "let's use the built in one instead of
> installing something extra" mentality.  I'd rather have a great external
> project (which is what we have with pgBouncer) than a mediocre built-in
> one that becomes the preferred way just by nature of being in the core.

I would prefer having supplier A build a great product that seamlessly
interfaces with supplier B's great product, rather than having supplier M$
buy A, develop a half-working brain-dead version of B into A and market it
as the new hot stuff, sinking B in the process. Anyway, orthogonal feature
sets (like database and pooler) implemented in separate applications fit
the open source development model quite well I think. Merge everything in,
you get PHP.