Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache

От: Pierre C
Тема: Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Chris Browne, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Steve Wampler, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Craig James, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("", )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Chris Browne, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jaime Casanova, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("", )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Mark Kirkwood, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Greg Smith, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
    Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
     Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  ("Pierre C", )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Jonathan Gardner, )
    Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Balkrishna Sharma, )
   Re: PostgreSQL as a local in-memory cache  (Craig James, )

> Have you tried connecting using a UNIX socket instead of a TCP socket on
> localhost ? On such very short queries, the TCP overhead is significant.

Actually UNIX sockets are the default for psycopg2, had forgotten that.

I get 7400 using UNIX sockets and 3000 using TCP (host="localhost")