Re: moving data between tables causes the db to overwhelm the system

От Pierre Frédéric Caillaud
Тема Re: moving data between tables causes the db to overwhelm the system
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> We have a table that's > 2billion rows big and growing fast.  We've setup
> monthly partitions for it. Upon running the first of many select * from
> bigTable insert into partition statements (330million rows per month) the
> entire box eventually goes out to lunch.
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions?
>
> Thanks in advance

    Did you create the indexes on the partition before or after inserting the
330M rows into it ?
    What is your hardware config, where is xlog ?

Сообщение: Re: moving data between tables causes the db to overwhelm the system
Сообщение: Re: moving data between tables causes the db to overwhelm the system