Connection pooling

От Max Zorloff
Тема Connection pooling
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hello. I'm using Apache + PHP + Postgres for my project. I've tried the
two poolers people
usually recommend here - pgbouncer and pgpool.

I have a problem with pgbouncer - under the load the query execution
becomes ~10 times slower
than it should be - basically to test it, I connect with psql
(establishing connection becomes
somewhat slow under load) and use \timing to measure execution time. The
basic query of
"select * from aaa where id = 1" runs 10 times slower than it should. If I
connect with psql
directly to postgres, the execution time is acceptable. Does anyone know
what is the problem?

The pgpool (I tried 3.1, 3.4 and pgpool-II 1.2) works fine but has the
following problem - after some time it
just "hangs", and if I try to connect to it with psql it just hangs
indefinitely. After restart
it works fine again. I turned off persistent connections in php so it's
not that. Does anybody
have the same problem?