Re: Simple query showing 270 hours of CPU time

От PFC
Тема Re: Simple query showing 270 hours of CPU time
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Today, I looked at 'top' on my PG server and saw a pid that reported 270
> hours of CPU time.  Considering this is a very simple query, I was
> surprised to say the least.  I was about to just kill the pid, but I
> figured I'd try and see exactly what it was stuck doing for so long.

    If you are using connection pooling, or if your client keeps the
connections for a long time, this backend could be very old...
    With PHP's persistent connections, for instance, backends restart when
you restart the webserver, which isn't usually very often.