Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS

От PFC
Тема Re: why postgresql over other RDBMS
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> MySQL has a related problem, which is that they have embedded IPv4
> addressing rather deeply into their client authentication logic (by
> making userids be user@host not just a username).  This is probably why
> they still haven't got IPv6 support:
> http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=8836
> I wonder what their plans are for fixing that ...
>
>             regards, tom lane

    Well, I have now almost finished my spare-time forum benchmark of MySQL
versus Postgres...
    It was a really interesting experience, and by turning a few stones I
discovered some really nasty stuff about MySQL.. well, about InnoDB
really. Here's one that you probably didn't know about :

    - auto_increment isn't concurrent, this means all inserts into a table
which has an auto_increment column are serialized
    - yes this means INSERT INTO SELECT locks out all other inserts
    - the lock is held during ON INSERT TRIGGERS, which means all INSERT
TRIGGERs on a given table can't execute concurrently