Re: Integrity on large sites

От PFC
Тема Re: Integrity on large sites
Дата
Список pgsql-general

> What version of that pathetic RDBMS is this?

    MySQL 5.0.40, on gentoo Linux, Core 2 Duo.

    The table in question takes about 100 inserts/deletes and 600 selects per
second.
    MyISAM isn't able to finish the benchmark. Actually, I have to run REPAIR
TABLE every 20 minutes, since it corrupts.

> I find it hard to believe that this is MySQL's fault and not some
> problem with your setup.

    Yeah, me too.
    Is it a MyISAM bug, a gentoo bug, a hardware bug ? Who knows.
    Go into bugs.mysql.com and search for "corrupt" or "corruption"
    Postgres, InnoDB and memtest86 are perfectly happy on this machine.

    However, I have sometimes upgraded MySQL on websites, and found it to
crash repeatedly, then had to downgrade it.

    I submitted this one, consider it my pet bug :
    http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=28534