Re: typical schema for a forum?

От PFC
Тема Re: typical schema for a forum?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
    I have written a little PHP+postgres forum for benchmarking purposes, to
see how fast postgres could go.
    It has basic forum features, like forums (duh), topics, posting,
pagination, watching topics, topic & post count, display newest topic and
post in topic & forum pages, templates, topics pagination in O(1) not
O(number of pages), etc.
    I also wrote a companion benchmark script which tortures the server with
HTTP requests, viewing and posting.

    it answered my "how fast can it go" question : more than 500 dynamic
pages/second on a Core 2. Most of the load is PHP : postgres could handle
much, much more than this.

    If people are interested in this as a benchmark, I can write some docs
(and make a MySQL version).
    If you want to use it as a base for your forum, you're welcome.

    Who wants the source ?