Re: Exception Error - Please help I've tried everything!

От Andrew Lazarus
Тема Re: Exception Error - Please help I've tried everything!
Дата
Список pgsql-jdbc
Sorry to jump in mid-thread; I no longer read every message. But I do use NB 5.0 and 5.5 with no problem. Are you
passingin -Djdbc.driver=org.postgresql.Driver to the VM? You don't in the example java -classpath etc. line below which
iswhy it doesn't work. You can put it into the NB project by right-clicking the project in the project pane, going to
"Properties",Run, and adding the -D command to the "extra parameters" text box.

I believe that in the alternative, you can do a Class.forName("org.postgresql.Driver") in your code before you start
accessingthe DB. The java.sql code doesn't know WHICH jdbc driver to load when you open the DB until you tell it.

--
Andrew Lazarus  drlaz@attglobal.net