Re: Adding and filling new column on big table

От PFC
Тема Re: Adding and filling new column on big table
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>> Most laptop drives are only 5,400 RPM which would make a transaction
>> like
>> you are describing likely take a while.
>
> Not sure what my one is but it is new(ish).

    If you're doing data intensive operations (like a big update which looks
like what you're doing) it will write many megabytes to the harddrive...
my laptop HDD (5400 rpm) does about 15 MB/s throughput while a standard
desktop 7200rpm drive does 55-60 MB/s throughput. Plus, seek times on a
laptop drive are horrendous.

Сообщение: Re: Adding and filling new column on big table
Сообщение: Re: Adding and filling new column on big table