Re: dead tuples

От Oren Mazor
Тема Re: dead tuples
Дата
Список pgsql-novice
Thats exactly what I did. the catch is that I have a perpetual connection
to the database. that's a problem.

oh well. I've fixed it already, i was just wondering if there was any way
to circumvent...

in answer to the other question, switching to another dbase is not an
option at this point in the dev process (more than a handful of years
investment).

thanks for the prompt answers guys :)

oren

On Fri, 22 Jul 2005 13:43:48 -0400, Tim Goodaire <tgoodaire@linux.ca>
wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 22, 2005 at 01:31:50PM -0400, Oren Mazor wrote:
<snip>

> No. There isn't a way to circumvent this. Just set up a cron job to
> regularly vacuum your database and you won't have to worry about your
> database getting big due to dead tuples.
>
> Tim

<snip>

--
Oren Mazor // Developer, Sysadmin, Explorer
GPG Key: http://www.grepthemonkey.org/secure