Re: assorted problems with intarray and other GiST contribs.

От PFC
Тема Re: assorted problems with intarray and other GiST contribs.
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
Thanks for the quick response !

>>     * int_array_aggregate crashes
>
> I don't remember this function :)
You mean it's not part of intarray contrib ?I thought so !Sorry !Then who's responsible for maintenance of it ?

>         int4 nlevel(ltree) - returns level of the node.
I had missed this one.The summer heat has burnt by brain it seems ;)

>>     - access it like an array (ie. get element N).
>
>      subltree, subpath
I know, but I was hoping for something like :myltree[pos]
instead of the usable, but a bit huge, and probably slower :ltree2text(subltree(myltree, pos-1,pos ));

>>     Also a function returning the comon prefix between two ltrees would be
>> really useful.
>
>      ltree lca(ltree,ltree,...) (up to 8 arguments)
>      ltree lca(ltree[])
>      Returns Lowest Common Ancestor (lca)
I know, too, but :

test=> SELECT lca( '1.2.3'::ltree, '1.2.4'::ltree ); lca
----- 1.2
(1 ligne)

test=> SELECT lca( '1.2.3'::ltree, '1.2'::ltree ); lca
----- 1
(1 ligne)
In the case of the 'longest common prefix' I'd need the second SELECT to
return the same as the first. This is to determine a 'parent' path that
includes a bunch of other paths, in that case, if the parent is part of
the original set, I get the parent's parent instead of what I want.

> Have you read README.ltree ?
Yes ! But I had missed nlevel() to my shame.
thanks !

В списке pgsql-sql по дате отправления:

От: Oleg Bartunov
Сообщение: Re: assorted problems with intarray and other GiST contribs.
От: Michael Fuhr
Сообщение: Re: assorted problems with intarray and other GiST contribs.