Re: unicode and =

От Grant Morgan
Тема Re: unicode and =
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I am not sure what locale I was running as I had not set it when doing initdb.
I created a new DB with --locale=en_US.utf8 -E UNICODE
and imported my data from original source (not copied from old DB) and still have the smae problem that UNICODE strings
withdouble byte characters that are not equal get selected as equal.

to test things further
md5(h1.name)=md5(h2.name)
works and only matches equal values.
h1.name=h2.name
match un equal values.

Anyone have any other ideas? or is en_US.utf8 not a proper utf8 locale ( I got the name by doing locale -a )
I am not so concerned about sorting on this project just equality, but general solution would be apreciated.

Thanks,
Grant