Re: ENUM like data type

От PFC
Тема Re: ENUM like data type
Дата
Список pgsql-sql
>> Here is where I get uncertain as to if this is possible. My idea is to
>> create a pseudo type that triggers the creation of it's lookup tables
>> the same way the SERIAL type triggers creation of a sequence and returns
>> an int with the right default value.
Personnally I use one table which has columns (domain, name) and which
stores all enum values for all different enums.I have then CHECK( is_in_domain( column, 'domain_name' )) which is a
simple function which checks existence of the value in this domain (SELECT
1 FROM domains WHERE domain=$2 AND name=$1 LIMIT 1) for instance.You can also use integers.