Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres

От PFC
Тема Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> postgres -> returns results in 2.8 seconds

    What kind of plan does it do ? seq scan on the big tables and hash join
on the small tables ?

> mysql -> takes around 16 seconds !!!! (This is with myisam ... with
> innodb it takes 220 seconds)

    I'm not surprised at all.
    Try the same Join query but with a indexed where + order by / limit on
the big table and you should get even worse for MySQL.
    I found 3 tables in a join was the maximum the MySQL planner was able to
cope with before blowing up just like you experienced.

> I am all for postgres at this point, however just want to know why I am
> getting opposite results !!! Both DBs are on the same machine

    Why do you say "opposite results" ?

Сообщение: Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Сообщение: Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres