Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres

От: PFC
Тема: Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joel Fradkin", )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Philip Hallstrom, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Steinar H. Gunderson", )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ( (), )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Bill Ewing, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Jeffrey Tenny, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Tobias Brox, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Michael Fuhr, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Alvaro Herrera, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Rod Taylor, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
 Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Amit V Shah, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Christopher Browne, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Ron Mayer, )
    Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Tom Lane, )
  Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
   Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Jan Wieck, )
    Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  ("Joel Fradkin", )
     Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (PFC, )
      Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Enrico Weigelt, )
       Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Mark Lewis, )
        Re: Need help to decide Mysql vs Postgres  (Moises Alberto Lindo Gutarra, )

> postgres -> returns results in 2.8 seconds

    What kind of plan does it do ? seq scan on the big tables and hash join
on the small tables ?

> mysql -> takes around 16 seconds !!!! (This is with myisam ... with
> innodb it takes 220 seconds)

    I'm not surprised at all.
    Try the same Join query but with a indexed where + order by / limit on
the big table and you should get even worse for MySQL.
    I found 3 tables in a join was the maximum the MySQL planner was able to
cope with before blowing up just like you experienced.

> I am all for postgres at this point, however just want to know why I am
> getting opposite results !!! Both DBs are on the same machine

    Why do you say "opposite results" ?

Сообщение: Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine
Сообщение: Re: Postgresql on an AMD64 machine