Re: Select performance vs. mssql

От: PFC
Тема: Re: Select performance vs. mssql
Дата: ,
Список: pgsql-performance

Скрыть дерево обсуждения

Select performance vs. mssql  (mark durrant, )
 Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
 Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (mark durrant, )
  Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Neil Conway, )
  Re: Select performance vs. mssql  ("Harald Lau (Sector-X)", )
 Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (mark durrant, )
  Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Bruno Wolff III, )
   Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Alex Turner, )
   Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Enrico Weigelt, )
    Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Jochem van Dieten, )
  Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Christopher Kings-Lynne, )
   Re: Select performance vs. mssql  ("Jim C. Nasby", )
 Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (mark durrant, )
  Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (PFC, )
   Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (Michael Stone, )
    Re: Select performance vs. mssql  (John A Meinel, )

> Pretty much.  There has been discussion about allowing index-only access
> "frozen" tables, i.e. archive partitions.  But it all sort of hinges on
> someone implementing it and testing ....

    Would be interesting as a parameter to set at index creation (ie. if you
know this table will have a lot of reads and few writes)... like create an
index on columns X,Y keeping data on columns X,Y and Z...
    But in this case do you still need the table ?
    Or even create a table type where the table and the index are one, like
an auto-clustered table...
    I don't know if it would be used that often, though ;)