Re: Bad plan on a view

От PFC
Тема Re: Bad plan on a view
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Aren't you going to a lot of work to reinvent something that TOAST
> already does for you?  (At least, in the cases where the text fields
> are wide enough that it really matters.)

    I know. But I have several text fields in the 20 to 200 characters, which
is too small for toast, but large enough to make up about 90% of the table
size, which makes it problematic RAM-wise, especially since it's gonna
grow. Now, if I had 1 big text field, it would be TOASTed and I would be
happy ;)