[BUGS] Re: BUG #14718: unable to update table with identity column GENERATEDALWAYS

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема [BUGS] Re: BUG #14718: unable to update table with identity column GENERATEDALWAYS
Дата
Список pgsql-bugs
Peter Eisentraut schrieb am 30.06.2017 um 23:03:
> On 6/26/17 15:22, zam6ak@gmail.com wrote:
>> -- now try to update
>> update tbl1 set name = 'Bobby' where id = 1;
>>
>> ERROR:  column "id" can only be updated to DEFAULT
>> DETAIL:  Column "id" is an identity column defined as GENERATED ALWAYS.
>
> This is working as expected.  What is the problem?

I'd say the problem is, that the id column is NOT updated in that statement, only the name.

The identity column is only included in the WHERE clause - it's not changed at all.
Surely that is not the way it's meant to be?