Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-general
Tom Lane schrieb am 26.05.2017 um 20:18:
>> I just tried pg_upgrade from the Postgres 10 Beta1 (from the BigSQL distribution) to upgrade a 9.6 cluster.
>> pg_upgrade --check fails with the following messages:
>
>>     could not load library "$libdir/pgxml":
>>     ERROR:  could not load library "d:/etc/postgres-10/pgsql/lib/postgresql/pgxml.dll": unknown error 126
>
> Apparently BigSQL forgot to include contrib/xml2 in their distribution;
> you should ping them about that one.

I can confirm that it's a BigSQL problem.
After I finally found the EnterpriseDB Beta binaries (they are pretty well hidden) I tested with those, and everything
worksfine there.

>> When I then run pg_upgrade without the --check option, it fails when taking the schema only dump from one database.
>> The error message reported in the logfile is:
>>     pg_dump: unrecognized collation provider: p
>
> Ugh :-( ... seems like a rather obvious typo in dumpCollation().
> Thanks for finding it!

When I drop that collation from the source database, pg_upgrade works without problems with the EnterprsieDB binaries.