[GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема [GENERAL] Postgres 10 Beta1 - pg_upgrade fails on Windows 10
Дата
Список pgsql-general
I just tried pg_upgrade from the Postgres 10 Beta1 (from the BigSQL distribution) to upgrade a 9.6 cluster.

pg_upgrade --check fails with the following messages:

Performing Consistency Checks
-----------------------------
Checking cluster versions                                   ok
Checking database user is the install user                  ok
Checking database connection settings                       ok
Checking for prepared transactions                          ok
Checking for reg* system OID user data types                ok
Checking for contrib/isn with bigint-passing mismatch       ok
Checking for invalid "unknown" user columns                 ok
Checking for presence of required libraries                 fatal
Your installation references loadable libraries that are missing from the
new installation.  You can add these libraries to the new installation,
or remove the functions using them from the old installation.  A list of
problem libraries is in the file:
     loadable_libraries.txt

loadable_libraries.txt contains:

   could not load library "$libdir/pgxml":
   ERROR:  could not load library "d:/etc/postgres-10/pgsql/lib/postgresql/pgxml.dll": unknown error 126

I ran pg_upgrade as administrator and regular user with the same results. I traced the file system calls of pg_upgrade
usingProcessMonitor, but I couldn't see any obvious problems. I can supply the logfile of that trace if it helps.

Postgres 10 itself runs just fine, and so does e.g. the new XMLTABLE function, so I am unsure why pg_upgrade isn't able
toload that dll

When I then run pg_upgrade without the --check option, it fails when taking the schema only dump from one database.

The error message reported in the logfile is:

   pg_dump: unrecognized collation provider: p

In the database where pg_dump (v10) fails, I have created the following custom collation:

   CREATE COLLATION "de" (lc_collate = 'German_Germany.1251', lc_ctype = 'German_Germany.1251');
   ALTER COLLATION "de" OWNER TO "thomas";

pg_dump (9.6) runs fine with the same arguments on that database

I can supply a (schema only) dump from the database in question if this helps

Regards
Thomas