[GENERAL] Re: Is it possible to specify an ESCAPE for a wildcard search usingLIKE ANY (...)

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема [GENERAL] Re: Is it possible to specify an ESCAPE for a wildcard search usingLIKE ANY (...)
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Karsten Hilbert schrieb am 17.01.2017 um 14:42:
>> I recently stumbled over the need to use a wildcard escape character for a condition that makes use of LIKE ANY,
somethinglike:

>>    select *
>>    from some_table
>>    where name like any (array['foo_bar%', 'bar_foo%']) escape '/';
>>
>> so that the underscore wouldn't be treated as a wildard
>
> May I ask for clarification:
>
> Do you need to have the _ NOT be recognized as a wildcard ?

Yes, the underscore should NOT be a wildcard in this case.

Now that I think about it - my question actually doesn't make sense.

In order to be able to _use_ an escape character I would need to supply one.
And if I can supply one, I can use the standard one as well.

Sorry for the noise