Re: [GENERAL] What's the benefit (or usage scenario) of a "typed table"?

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: [GENERAL] What's the benefit (or usage scenario) of a "typed table"?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
David G. Johnston schrieb am 31.12.2016 um 16:51:
>>  I wonder what the benefit of a typed table is and when this would be useful?
>
> But I'd say if you want a table with said structure you should plan on
> droppign the original type after you've altered all references to it to
>point to the new implicit type created with the table.

I am not planning to use it.

I am just wondering _if_ there is an advantage to this setup

Apparently at some point someone thought it would be useful, otherwise
it wouldn't have been implemented I guess.

Thomas

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What's the benefit (or usage scenario) of a "typed table"?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] What's the benefit (or usage scenario) of a "typed table"?