[GENERAL] What's the benefit (or usage scenario) of a "typed table"?

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема [GENERAL] What's the benefit (or usage scenario) of a "typed table"?
Дата
Re: [GENERAL] What's the benefit (or usage scenario) of a "typed table"?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Re: [GENERAL] What's the benefit (or usage scenario) of a "typedtable"?  (Peter Eisentraut <peter.eisentraut@2ndquadrant.com>)
Список pgsql-general
I recently stumbled over "typed tables" in Postgres
(there were several questions containing this on stackoverflow recently)

     create type some_type as (id integer, data text);
     create table some_table of some_type;

I wonder what the benefit of a typed table is and when this would be useful?

Regards
Thomas