Re: [GENERAL] Regrding:- Arduino-Postgresql Direct Connection

От Mark Morgan Lloyd
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Regrding:- Arduino-Postgresql Direct Connection
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 09/12/16 21:30, John R Pierce wrote:
> On 12/8/2016 8:56 PM, Roshan Jha wrote:
>> In my project ,I have  to send the data from the arduino to the direct
>> postgresql for storing .So i want know that is it possible to make
>> direct connection between arduino to postgresql ,If yes, then let me
>> know, how should i do.
>
> arduinos don't even have native networking, do they?  so you'll need an
> ethernet adapter, and someone's tcp/ip libraries to even get data off it...
>
> it might be easier to do this on a raspberry pi...  they run a small
> linux system natively, and have ethernet built in, the pi3 has
> integrated wifi, too.
>
> To talk to postgresql directly, you would need a libpq compiled for
> arduino, this compilation, while theoretically possible quite likely
> would be rather tricky.
>
> instead, I'd suggest implementing a front end, perhaps RESTful, that
> runs on an application server, either on the postgres database server or
> another nearby server, and have the arduino send the data to it, this
> front end would format the data and insert it into the postgres
> database.   keep the app server API at a simple application-oriented
> level ('GET record', 'PUT record' kind of thing...) so the arduino code
> can be kept quite simple.

I really don't think an Arduino is the tool for this job, but I've known
plenty of people who'd try to make do... and wouldn't know when to give up.

I'd add my vote for Raspberry Pi here, if the OP has an unavoidable need
to use Arduino "shields" there's an interface called the Raspduino which
would help.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk

Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] CRM where pg is a first class citizen?
Сообщение: Re: [GENERAL] CRM where pg is a first class citizen?