Re: Slow performance updating CLOB data

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Slow performance updating CLOB data
Дата
R: Slow performance updating CLOB data  (Nicola Zanaga <NZanaga@efsw.it>)
Список pgsql-jdbc
Nicola Zanaga schrieb am 18.07.2016 um 14:28:

> I can change strategy for postgres, but I don’t think is good to issue a query
> like “UPDATE table SET clob = ‘value’ WHERE key = x” if value is more than 10Mb.

You should use a PreparedStatement not string literals.
But apart from that, that won't be any different to the SQL that the driver uses.

Why do you think that would be a problem?
The client needs to send 10MB of data, regardless on _how_ it sends that.

Thomas

От: Christopher BROWN
Сообщение: Re: Slow performance updating CLOB data
От: Nicola Zanaga
Сообщение: R: Slow performance updating CLOB data