Re: A maze of twisty mailing lists all the same

От Dave Page
Тема Re: A maze of twisty mailing lists all the same
Дата
Re: A maze of twisty mailing lists all the same
Re: A maze of twisty mailing lists all the same
Список pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 6:11 AM, Greg Stark <stark@mit.edu> wrote:
> Because the poster chose to send it to pgsql-admin instead of
> pgsql-general (or pgsql-bugs) very few of the usual suspects had a
> chance to see it. 7 days later a question about a rather serious
> database corruption problem had no responses. I've never understand
> what the point of pgsql-admin is;  just about every question posted is
> an "admin" question of some sort.

I can't argue with that... but a counter argument is that merging
lists would significantly increase the traffic on -general would may
not be appreciated by the many people that are only subscribed to one
or two of the affected lists. I would wager that the majority of
people aren't subscribed to more than a small number of the available
lists.

--
Dave Page

Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Forbid using pg_xlogfile_name() and pg_xlogfile_name_offset()
Сообщение: Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Forbid using pg_xlogfile_name() and pg_xlogfile_name_offset()