Re: How to allow PostgreSQL to accept remote connection?

От Andre Lopes
Тема Re: How to allow PostgreSQL to accept remote connection?
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thanks for the reply's,

How can I configure pg_hba.conf to accept connections from all IP's

What I have in this file is:

#ipv4
host all all 127.0.0.1/32 md5

#ipv6
host all all ::1/128 md5

What I need to change?

Best Regards,

On Sat, Apr 24, 2010 at 4:15 PM, Fredric Fredricson <Fredric.Fredricson@bonetmail.com> wrote:
Raymond O'Donnell wrote:
On 24/04/2010 15:58, Andre Lopes wrote:

Hi,

I have a virtual machine with VMWARE, and I need to connect from outside
the virtual machine to PostgreSQL.

How can I configure the PostgreSQL to accept outside connections?

It should be just the same as a "real" machine.... put the IP address of
the VM's network interface in "listen_addresses" in postgresql.conf.

You will probably also have to edit pg_hba.conf file (chaper 20.1 in the manual).
/Fredric
Ray.