Re: Configure Different Databases on One Server

От Thomas Kellerer
Тема Re: Configure Different Databases on One Server
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Jim Longwill schrieb am 29.10.2015 um 22:43:
> Ok.  The reason I wanted to experiment with autovacuum disable for
> 'ddev2' database is that it is a mostly read-only database -- to
> support querying from our web apps.  I.e. there are only 1 or 2 small
> tables ever updated all day on it, and only about 20 or so records
> total per day (compared to 'ddev1' which has much more frequent
> activity).  Also, it's rebuilt periodically from the other db, so I
> had the idea that we didn't need autovacuum running for 'ddev2'.

If the tables don't change, then autovacuum won't do anything.

So no harm in keeping it enabled - plus this smells like premature optimization.
I would not touch this unless you _really_ see a performance problem
that is cause by autovacuum on that database.

I can't imagine any situation that would justify turning autovacuum off.