Re: Listen/notify, equivalents on other DBs

От Mark Morgan Lloyd
Тема Re: Listen/notify, equivalents on other DBs
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Mark Morgan Lloyd schrieb am 25.09.2015 um 23:41:
>> I'm trying to get support for PostgreSQL's listen/notify into a
>> development environment, but since it supports multiple database
>> backends: can anybody comment on how many other servers have a
>> comparable facility?
>>
>> Minimal research has allowed me to code something for
>> Firebird/Interbase, but I'm not in a position to investigate Oracle,
>> IBM, MS and the rest. I'd appreciate any general comments from
>> somebody who has broad SQL experience, I'm not asking for example
>> code.
>
> For Oracle this would be the "change notification" feature which
> goes beyond what Postgres can do if I'm not mistaken as you can
> register a query and the client is notified if the result of that
> query would change:
>
> http://docs.oracle.com/database/121/JJDBC/dbchgnf.htm#JJDBC28815

Thanks for that, very useful. There's minimal info on the
Firebird/Interbase equivalent at
http://www.firebirdsql.org/file/documentation/papers_presentations/Power_Firebird_events.pdf
  but my recollection is that it's very lightweight- no useful payload.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk