Re: PL/pgSQL question

От ycrux@club-internet.fr
Тема Re: PL/pgSQL question
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi All!
First of all, a great Thanks, your suggestions works fine.

I'll hope to enhance a little bit my understanding of SETOF return type.
I have now two problems.

1) I would like to return some columns from one table in PL/pgSQL function. What's in this case the correct return type
ofthe PL/pgSQL function. This is a pseudo-code for my first problem:

CREATE FUNCTION function_name (sometypes) RETURNS return_type AS $$
FOR some_type IN SELECT column1, column3 FROM tablename WHERE some_conditions
LOOP
          RETURN NEXT some_type;
END LOOP;
RETURN;
$$ LANGUAGE 'plpgsql' STABLE;
What's return_type and some_type in this case?

2) The next problem is almost same as above. But now, I would like to return different columns from different tables.
What's in this case the correct return type of PL/pgSQL function.
This is a pseudo-code for my second problem:

CREATE FUNCTION function_name (sometypes) RETURNS return_type AS $$
FOR some_type IN SELECT column1_table1, column17_table2 FROM table1, table2 WHERE some_conditions
LOOP
          RETURN NEXT some_type;
END LOOP;
RETURN;