Re: APR 1.0 released

От Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Тема Re: APR 1.0 released
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
   Marc> On Thu, 7 Oct 2004, Bruce Momjian wrote:   >>  Added to TODO:   >>    >> * Consider parallel processing a
singlequery   >>    >> This would involve using multiple threads or processes to do   >> optimization, sorting, or
executionof single query.  The major   >> advantage of such a feature would be to allow multiple CPUs to   >> work
togetherto process a single query.

   Marc> Do we have 'make backend thread safe' listed yet?  As I   Marc> recall it, until that gets done,
parallelizationof anything   Marc> was considered to be a relatively onerous task, no?

You don't really need to parallelize in separate threads .. you can
have more than one process working on one query. This is in fact the
model that exploits SMPs in at least one commercial RDBMS.

--
Pip-pip
Sailesh

От: Reini Urban
Сообщение: Re: more dirmod CYGWIN (was: APR 1.0 released)
От: Sailesh Krishnamurthy
Сообщение: Re: APR 1.0 released