Re: transforms vs. CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS

От Christian Ullrich
Тема Re: transforms vs. CLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS
Дата
Список pgsql-hackers
* Peter Eisentraut wrote:

> On 4/30/15 2:49 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

>> friarbird is a FreeBSD buildfarm animal running with
>> -DCLOBBER_CACHE_ALWAYS. It usually completes a run in about 6.5 hours.
>> However, it's been stuck since Monday running the plpython regression
>> tests. The only relevant commit seems to be the transforms feature.
>
> I can reproduce it.  I'll look into it.

I looked over the CCA animals and noticed that pademelon and gaur are
apparently unaffected; what they have in common is the OS (HP-UX) and
the Python version (2.5). There's nothing I can do about OS-related
differences, but I thought I'd check the Python angle.

With Python 2.5.6, jaguarundi locks up on the plpython tests just the
same as with 3.4, and friarbird with 2.7. So that is not the culprit,
either.

I ran make check by hand, and noticed three tests where it seemed to
hang (I gave it at least three minutes each, and the functions in the
queries are simple):

plpython_spi    SELECT cursor_plan();
plpython_setof    SELECT test_setof_as_list(1, 'list');
plpython_composite    SELECT multiout_simple_setof();

These are the only plpython tests that mention SETOF at all, and the
queries that hung are the first ones in their respective tests to
actually build a set.

Does that help?

--
Christian