Re: pg_generate_sequence and info_schema patch (Was: SELECT

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: pg_generate_sequence and info_schema patch (Was: SELECT
Дата
Список pgsql-patches
Clinging to sanity, chriskl@familyhealth.com.au (Christopher Kings-Lynne) mumbled into her beard:
>> I think you can provide a precise specification without losing
>> simplicity of explanation.  Maybe something like
>>    When step is positive, zero rows are returned if start > stop.
>>    Conversely, when step is negative, zero rows are returned if
>>    start < stop.  It is an error for step to be zero.
>
> Having something that generates a list of dates would be handy,
> however I guess you can do it with the current series generator by
> adding that many day intervals to a base date...

Yes, that would be the way to do it.

Having generators (I'm not clear yet on whether it's more like Icon
generators or Common Lisp SERIES, or APL iota :-)) is a very useful
thing indeed.
--
wm(X,Y):-write(X),write('@'),write(Y). wm('cbbrowne','ntlug.org').
http://www3.sympatico.ca/cbbrowne/wp.html