Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: Autovacuum / full vacuum
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> did you read my post? In the first part I explained why I don't want
> to increase the FSM that much.

No, you didn't.  You explained *that* you thought you didn't want to
increase the FSM.  You didn't explain why.

FSM expansion comes fairly cheap, and tends to be an effective way of
eliminating the need for VACUUM FULL.  That is generally considered to
be a good tradeoff.  In future versions, there is likely to be more of
this sort of thing; for instance, on the ToDo list is a "Vacuum Space
Map" that would collect page IDs that need vacuuming so that
PostgreSQL could do "quicker" vacuums...
--
output = reverse("moc.liamg" "@" "enworbbc")
http://cbbrowne.com/info/internet.html