Re: localtime ?

От James Cloos
Тема Re: localtime ?
Дата
Список pgsql-general

TL> AFAIK, [localtime] is not a valid value for timezone, unless someone
TL> has stuck a file by that name into your zoneinfo database directory
TL> (which I think is standard practice on some distros though by no
TL> means all).  If so, it would mean whatever the file said, which
TL> would very likely not be UTC.

localtime is also the result is there on all of my debians.  But every
other one defaults to utc.

>> But:
>> | :; grep timezone /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/*
>> | /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf:log_timezone = 'UTC'
>> | /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf:timezone = 'UTC'

TL> Evidently that grep has little to do with your actual configuration
TL> source.  This would likely be informative as to where "localtime"
TL> is coming from:

TL>     select * from pg_settings where name = 'TimeZone';

That command says sourcefile is /etc/postgresql/9.3/main/postgresql.conf,
which is what I grep(1)ed.

As it turned out, writing that reminded me that I hadn't run pg_upgradecluster
on that box.  So I did so.  And the 9.4/main cluster defaults to UTC as I
prefer.

The only difference between the results of that pg_settings select
bewteen the two clusters is 9.3 vs 9.4 in the name of the sourcefile.

I restarted the 9.3 cluster to try that select, and it still prefers -04.

Diff(1)ing the /etc/postgresql/9.[34] directories doesn't show any
relevant differences.  Just directory names and the port number.

I'll leave the old cluster stopped but around for a while in case there
are any other queries which might explain the differences.

-JimC
--
James Cloos <cloos@jhcloos.com>         OpenPGP: 0x997A9F17ED7DAEA6