Re: postgresql replication

От Christopher Browne
Тема Re: postgresql replication
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw when smarlowe@g2switchworks.com (Scott Marlowe) would write:
> On Wed, 2005-05-04 at 21:06, Vlad wrote:
>> the number one aim at the moment is to have "always-up-to-date" copy
>> of our main DB with minial performance impact on replication
>
> Have you considered point in time recovery as implemented in 8.0?
>
> While it does require some small amount of work to bring the secondary
> server up to date, it's not that much, and it gives you very up to date
> recoverability.

If they want to be able to use the replica, perhaps to run reports on
it, that turns out to be problematic.
--
select 'cbbrowne' || '@' || 'cbbrowne.com';
http://linuxfinances.info/info/spreadsheets.html

От: Ying Lu
Сообщение: "current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of transaction block" Error