Re: Platform testing (last call?)

От Doug McNaught
Тема Re: Platform testing (last call?)
Дата
Re: Platform testing (last call?)  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-hackers
Thomas Lockhart <lockhart@fourpalms.org> writes:

> Things have firmed up nicely for the 7.2 release. We currently have
> several NetBSD platforms which have not reported success for 7.2, maybe
> only because they have a relatively small user base (and aging
> processors) nowadays. If anyone still has a m68k, VAX or arm running
> NetBSD, let us know!

Has anyone tried to run it on OS X 10.1?  I know there were problems
with the compiler changes that Apple put in but I don't recall if
there's an easy fix.

If someone can say "it should work" I'll try to get it compiled and
working there--I want to take my PowerBook on holiday and do some
hacking...

> Oh, and a question about Linux/PlayStation2: if it is an x86 processor,
> even without test and set support, should we list it separately? Or is
> it enough like other PCs that it is too fine a distinction to make?

I am quite sure PS2 is not x86.  It's some kind of RISC with a lot of
special 3d and sound hardware, but I forget which.

-Doug
--
Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees.  --T. J. Jackson, 1863