Re: Select all invalid e-mail addresses

От Edmund
Тема Re: Select all invalid e-mail addresses
Дата
Список pgsql-general
"Andrus" <eetasoft@online.ee> writes:

> I have a database of e-mail addresses.
>
> I want to select the email addresses which are not valid:
>
> do not contain exactly one @ character,
> contain ; > < " ' , characters or spaces etc.
>
> What is the WHERE clause for this ?

There was a thread here not so long ago about matching valid email addresses.
It's not so simple.  You probably want to do a regex match - e.g.

select ... where email ~ '<regex>'

However the regex for all valid email possibilities is *VERY* complex.
see: http://www.ex-parrot.com/~pdw/Mail-RFC822-Address.html

You should probably search the maillist archives.  ISTR that there were
some suggestions on how one might simplify the search space.